Sunday, April 27, 2014

Prepared or not?

Today my mom and I started to put together my graduation announcements. Putting my name card in each slot thing, adding in each picture, throwing in a graduation party invite, and hand addressing each and every one of them (it's a good thing I do that at work mostly every day or I may have suffered more than I did). I asked my mom if she was going to cry and she snapped at me because she almost did. While sitting there though, I realized how anticlimactic this all seemed to me. AP tests in two weeks, eh. Graduation in a month and a half, that's kinda cool. College orientation the next week, yeah that sounds fun. Basically my entire life before this has been leading up to graduating high schoo. It's almost here, within spitting distance (if you're good), and it doesn't seem more than just a big party. Even college doesn't seem so scary anymore to me, but that's probably a good thing. A momentary thing too. Maybe it's because AACT has made me so completely prepared for the next step, or maybe it's because of another reason that is beyond by control, but I'm glad it has come down to this. I would rather be completely prepared and confident about my future than hiding in the corner, playing solitaire in the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment